Monday, March 3, 2014

Too polar to bear

Title credits to Anjali.  Nice one!

We've had 6 snow days this year.

When I was a kid, not only did I walk 10 miles to school barefoot and uphill both ways, but I got one snow day per year if I was lucky.  Maybe I got 2 once in my life.

But, six?!?  We're going a little stir crazy. 

Here's what we've been doing to keep from losing it altogether.







Mark invented this sport by sledding down our unplowed driveway with my favorite rooster Regal on the first day it was 25 degrees below zero.  It was such a hit (with Mark anyway) that he now takes the chickens sledding regularly, at least the ones he can catch.  Anjali's even gotten into the act.






I'm pleased to say that no chickens and no kids have been injured in the making of these videos.



"Whooo-whooo!  It's like the log chute ride for chickens!"
-Mark, age 7

Mark and Regal, first chicken sledding run

No comments:

Post a Comment