Thursday, March 6, 2014

Homesteading 2012-2013- Looking back

I've been playing chicken with myself about this blog for months.  Approach-avoid.  Approach-avoid.

Overwhelmed.  Exhausted.  Embarrassed.  
Those are the feelings at the top of my queue about last year right now.
I burned through my enthusiasm sometime in the fall and it hasn't re-sprouted yet.

How can I possibly sum up the learning of a year of preparing to homestead in 2012 and our first year of homesteading in 2013?  
Do I have the heart-strength to remember?  
Do I want to look? 

This morning I do, at least enough to put the title out there and consider what I'd like to write about. 

  • A year ago this month
  • What worked, what didn't work, and what we can do to make it better this year
  • What were our goals, what actually happened, and what are we aiming at now

Maybe if I take time to remember, I can laugh and feel some pride in where we've come from instead of only frustration in how far we have to go.

Maybe if I learn from the burn-out, I can pick a more sustainable pace for creating a sustainable life.

Maybe.

Hey, stranger things have happened- sledding with chickens, deer wars, and sweet broccoli, for example.

And I was granted the adventure to be there when they did.

Alright, strap yourselves in.
Let's take a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment