Saturday, June 15, 2013

Duckling Fairy

It's 11:23 a.m. and in moments I'm going to go outside and break Mama Muscovy's heart by taking 4 of her 10 surviving ducklings to give to Tim's co-worker.

By 1:00, I'll be the Duckling Fairy.
But until then, I'm going to be a homewrecker.
I thought I'd feel better if I started this post now so I have a place ready to put up photos of the ever-so-adorable ducklings and of Anjali, Mark, and Maggie delivering them.

Not so much.
Mostly I feel empathy for Mama.
She's going to try to bite me.
I'll deserve it.

*****


 Ducklings on parade at A&P



With their new owner Steve Fritz



Didn't get pecked.
MacGyvered a separation solution using a plastic bin.
Kids held the ducklings on the drive down.
Steve Fritz ready for his 4 ducklings.  Good luck little guys!
Mama Duck and our ducklings all well when we got home.
It's good to be The Duckling Fairy.
The kids are already planning to be The Chickling Fairy next time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment