Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My garlic muse

I completely ran out of initiative, creativity, and gardening energy with my new raised bed of perennials still to finish.  
I simply couldn't do one more unfamiliar farming task alone.
 
Garlic, multiplier onions, walking onions, chives, garlic chives, perennial and self-seeding herbs- 
all waiting and the fall clock ticking.

So I called my neighbor Heidi who knows gardening 
and she and Eva came over last weekend.  
Eva played with Mark and Anjali 
while Heidi dug and planted bulbs, 
Tim trimmed weeds and hauled supplies, 
and I read instructions, separated bulbs and roots, 
and scattered seeds. 

By the time Eva needed her mom, the momentum had shifted and Tim and I were able to finish the project quickly.


Thanks Heidi for being my garlic muse!


No comments:

Post a Comment