Tuesday, November 5, 2013

We survived the crash of 2013


At first I heard a pan drop, 
then glass shattering, 
then pottery breaking-
BANG!
 
 

When I came out I found this.


I immediately put on shoes and Mom looked hypnotized.  
I swept and swept and swept.
Then I noticed some pottery hanging by a thread in the cupboard.
 So I got on a stool and oh so very carefully picked out the pieces of pottery.


Then I noticed that one side of the cupboard was open 
and the other wasn't.
So I very carefully took out the remaining half of the bowls 
and cups.



The people who built this house put the screw about an 1/16th of an inch away from the stud accidentally.
 Dad put the cupboard back up and screwed it into the wall-
oh, did he screw it in well!




Things are back to normal and last week we got new pottery from Powderhorn Empty Bowls at Powderhorn Park in Minneapolis.

By Guest Blogger: Anjali

No comments:

Post a Comment