Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Feeling groovy

Tim and the kids are visiting his folks in Florida and I'm stay-cationing.  They are certainly getting their money's worth.  It's snowed multiple inches and dropped below zero.

This morning, I've done circuit training homestead style.  I walked down the driveway at 5:35 admiring the gorgeous full moon.  I went walking at the high school with my neighbor and we walked and talked for an hour.  Then I came home.  I shoveled out the mailbox for 5 minutes, hiked up the driveway, tended chickens for 10 minutes, dragged the recycling can down the driveway, shoveled for 5 minutes, hiked up the driveway, dragged the garbage can down the driveway, shoveled for 5 minutes, and hiked back up the hill.  Fire and ice- sweating muscles and throat burning cold, panting like a dog, and feeling gloriously self-sufficient and powerful. 


I've always been a bookworm and never saw the appeal of the whole honest-day's-work-physical-labor thing.  Wow, was I wrong.  

Now granted, I can't keep up that pace for hours and hours and even after 40 minutes, my back was aching.  But I could do 40 minutes of chores following an hour's walk.  I took bioplasm and homeopathics to reduce the swelling, did my new PT and took a hot epsom salt bath to relax my back all by 9:00 a.m.


Not only am I feeling great, I'm feeling righteous.  It's 9:20 a.m. and I've got the beautiful day to myself with 90% of my responsibilities behind me.  I've had a fabulous conversation, done real meaningful physical activity, and now I've got nowhere to go and no promises to keep.

Here's what I'm humming today.





1 comment:

  1. Im having a good time to. I whent to, two goat farms, a practice consort, the store, and the ice cream dr. and it is just tuesday. Today the zoo. Tomorrow Busch gardens. :)Anjali

    ReplyDelete